Visa Application and Flight Arrangements

Cultural Care Au Pair is recognised by the US Department of State as an official sponsoring agency for the au pair program. This means that we will act as your sponsor for a J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa. The J-1 visa is the only legal way to work as an au pair in the USA. Cultural Care Au Pair will provide you with all necessary documents for your visa application and guide you through the process. You will have to arrange a visa appointment at your local US Consulate (US Consulates are located in Sydney, Melbourne or Perth) and attend a personal interview, after which your visa will be issued.

Cultural Care Au Pair will arrange air travel from Sydney to New York, where you will attend the Au Pair Training School before travelling to your host family. Cultural Care Au Pair representatives will meet you at your arrival airport in New York and take you to the training school, where your adventure begins.

You can fly to the USA almost any week of the year! As part of the matching process, you and your future host family will agree on the arrival date. Once this has been confirmed you should know your appoximate departure day, but the actual date and time will be confirmed when your flight ticket is issued.

Cultural Care Au Pair also arranges the transportation to your American host family. After your stay at the Au Pair Training School, you will make the journey, either by bus or plane directly to your host family.

You will most likely be travelling with other Aussie au pairs, who will be just as excited to begin this amazing adventure as you are. We will make sure to connect you with any travelling au pairs so you have an instant friend!

Get more infoMeeting Sign-Up