Nanny in the USA

With Cultural Care Au Pair you will have the unique opportunity to become part of an American host family and help care for their children while experiencing life abroad. The program is a minimum 12 month commitment, and allows you to gain international work experience, travel and study at an American college.

If you have ever wanted to live abroad and experience a new culture and way of life, this might be the right program for you! The au pair program is regulated by the U.S. Department of State and they require all au pairs enter the USA with a J-1 Visa. At Cultural Care, we will be able to assist you with all the necessary documentation so that you can travel legally.

To be considered for the program there are some basic requirements. You must be between the age of 18-26 years old and have experience caring for children. The experience does not have to be professional experience and can include babysitting relatives or volunteer work. All au pair candidates must also hold:

  • A high school diploma or have completed a tertiary degree or certificate
  • A valid driver’s license (provisional)
  • A clean criminal background

Lastly, all candidates must be mature, responsible young adults who are ready to commit to our minimum 12 month program, with an opportunity to extend for an extra 6, 9 or 12 months after the first year.

Through the au pair program, you will be able to become more independent, meet friends from around the world, and make a difference in your host children’s lives. Many au pairs refer to their host family, as their second family and form a relationship that lasts for years after they have returned.

Get more infoMeeting Sign-Up