Being a Cultural Care au pair is an affordable way to live and work abroad. Our process is simple – we won't ask you to pay anything until it’s time to start your travel preparations. That means you can learn more about our program, work on your au pair application and even find your host family completely free of charge.
Once you match with a host family and decide on an arrival date in the USA, we’ll ask you to pay a one-time program fee, which includes your program participation and Extended insurance coverage. Here’s a breakdown of that fee:
Program Fee Breakdown
Program Participation Cost ($1395)
- Full program membership
- One-on-one Cultural Care support throughout the entire process
Both au pairs and host families pay a program fee to participate in this mutually beneficial cultural exchange program. As program participants, they fulfill different obligations and receive unique benefits. Learn more about the benefits of the au pair program.
Extended Insurance Coverage ($795)
Having a good insurance plan means that you can participate in all the exciting activities organised by Cultural Care or your host family and friends without worrying. We have worked with our partner Erika Insurance Ltd. since 1995 – and together, we have created a custom group travel policy to help give you complete peace of mind.
The plan includes:
- Unlimited coverage for medical expenses*
- Coverage for the cost of family member flights in case of an emergency
- Coverage for loss of baggage and property damage/theft
- Roundtrip airfare if your program is interrupted due to death or serious illness in immediate family
- 24-hour emergency assistance via the toll-free number
In addition to the standard insurance coverage, we strongly recommend that you consider the below additional services to ensure you are well-prepared for any situation that may arise:
- Cancellation Coverage: $100
- Erika Sport (12 months): $130
- Erika Sport (additional month): $45
- Extended Coverage (additional month): $135
We also want to make you aware of some supplementary costs that will arise throughout your travel preparation. Please note that these fees are not paid to Cultural Care, but are required to participate in the au pair program:
- Visa fee: $371 (payable to the U.S. Embassy - fluctuates with the US$ exchange rate)
- Criminal background check: $42
- Doctor check up: Varies
- International Driving License: $35-$39
*limitations and exclusions apply
Learn more about our programme
You can become an au pair in 4 easy steps! From applying online to finding the perfect host family, Cultural Care will help you every step of the way.
Why Choose Us?
Between our large selection of host families across the USA and the extensive training, preparation and support we provide, it's no wonder so many au pairs choose Cultural Care.
Discover the benefits of being a Cultural Care au pair, such as studying at a local university, paid time off, travel opportunities and more!
Global Support from Day One
We provide personalised support both at home and in the USA. Let Cultural Care help you through every phase of the process!